POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Chocolate anyone? (Final? 157 Kb] : Chocolate anyone? (Final? 157 Kb] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 07:24:18 EDT (-0400)
  Chocolate anyone? (Final? 157 Kb]
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 20 Apr 2003 14:41:53
Message: <3ea2e9f1@news.povray.org>
Hi all.
First of all, thank you very much for your comments.
This began as an experiment on UV mapping and finally
it has ended in a complete scene.

It gave me an easy solution for the cellophane wrappers on
the candies, as Jim pointed out. The image map is a 32 bit
png file using the alpha channel as a mask with variable
filtering zones.

I have also used finally an image map for the table, as Lenx
suggested. It looks better now, I think.
I have changed the wall, adding a normal statement (granite
0.15) to add a subtle bump effect.

Lightning uses an area light that shoots photons and causes
shadows and a pointlight using fade power and distance and
no shadow (to lit a bit the left side of the pottery).

I would like to know your opinion about photons in this image.
My settings are:
    adc_bailout       0.01
    spacing 0.005
    jitter            0.0
    max_trace_level   25
    autostop          0.0

I think they look good but I don't know if they are very
realistic (I suppose not).

Well, once again thank you for your comments and your
good wishes (Happy birthday to you too, Ken :-)

Bye

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'azucarero01.jpg' (158 KB)